11 Step Meditation Practice
Meditation has given me the outlook I have always wanted. I get to live my life with a level of patience, gratitude and optimism that I never dreamed possible.
Here is my practice:
1) Upon waking lay in bed for 10 min and meditate listening to #dailycalm. The focus is on passively watching the breath. Not controlled breathing, just watching the breath happen. It’s a great reminder that life force flows effortlessly though and all around me. I can chose to surrender to the flow.
2) Drink my organic green spectrum by #purium for a morning detox 💩. (If you are interested in trying it go to ishoppurium.com and use discount code marysiayoga to save $50)
3) Journal to help me process information. I don’t write what I know, I write to discover what I know. Here I gain clarity about all that happens in this crazy world we live in. Simply put, I write about whatever worries me or things I don’t understand.
4) Journal to give thanks for many of life’s miracles.
5) Journal as if my current dreams have come to fruition. For example, with the upcoming 300hr YTT I am facilitating I’ll write something like: “I am so amazed with how harmonious and evolved this group trainees are! Together we elevate each other’s sprits and align ourselves our life’s purpose on a deeper level than ever before! Who are you? Why were you born? How do you best serve your community? These answers become clear. It’s awesome and everyone is rocking their Handstands!!!” By writing this I already have a sense of what it will feel like. (Click the the link in my bio if you want more info)
6) Write down a Goal of the day. The goal could be “to be simple and effective.”
7) Write down my Intention. The intension is the force that dives the goal. In the above case the intention could be “to be calm and peaceful.”
8) Write out my mantra: “I HOLD THE WORLD IN MY HANDS. I BRING LIGHT TO THE WORLD WITH GRACE AND EASE.”
9) Light one candle thinking of my Goal.
10) Light another candle thinking of my Intention.
11) Sit on my @brentwoodhome tuft and meditate with my mantra for 3-20 minutes… basically until I feel it has sunk in.